Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and each week there is a new suggested topic for bloggers to participate in. This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I read in 2020.
2020 has been a difficult year for everyone. I don’t need to elaborate, you all know what I’m talking about. And yet, I can’t complain too much. Although this year has been turbulent and filled with change and uncertainty, this year has allowed me to get back to myself a bit. I have read more this year than for quite a long time and that makes me so happy.
I have read so many great books over the past year, but here are my top ten, in no particular order:
1. The Giver of Stars, by Jojo Moyes
2. Becoming, by Michelle Obama
3. Life on Air, by David Attenborough
4. The Lost Lights of St Kilda, by Elisabeth Gifford
5. Girl, Woman, Other, by Bernardine Evaristo
6. The Hunting Party, by Lucy Foley
7. Where’d you go, Bernadette, by Maria Semple
8. What She Left, by T. R. Richmond
9. Untamed, by Glennon Doyle
10. Sheer Abandon, by Penny Vincenzi
And I am allowing myself a bonus, as this was a re-read this year: The Time Traveller’s Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger
What were your favourite books this year?